Saturday, July 18, 2009

But first- a Daya Dan update

I know that I have officially been at Daya Dan for a substantial period of time because Mona, the "head mashi" has given me a permanent job. Although I am actually very pleased to have been assigned something special- I take it as proof of having been noticed by the management, ha ha- I think that many who know me will be quite amused at what the job is:

Every morning, instead of making beds, I now get to go behind everyone else and check them to make sure they are, in Mona's words, "nice and tight."

Strangely enough I do feel extremely useful at this task. Some of the kids move a lot so it is important that they have nicely made beds so that the sheets can last as long as possible. However, I must admit the irony... at home I rarely make my own bed, and never very well. And now a major task of mine is to make sure that 60 beds are made VERY well.... I am reminded of my mother. She frequently reminds me that God has a sense of humor.

:)

1 comment:

  1. .... I love you.... and I love Mom..... seriously you need to fly back into Seattle so we can spend some girl time together! We haven't in a long time :S

    ReplyDelete